- 5 lbs. chicken wings
- Oil for frying
- BBQ Sauce
- 4 ‐ 6 celery stalks, trimmed to 3‐inch lengths
- Bleu cheese dressing (creamy style)
- Cut the wings at the joints, reserving the tips for another use. Deep‐fry the wings in hot oil (not smoking) until just crispy about 5 ‐ 7 minutes. Drain.
- Heat grill to medium high. Grill the par cooked wings for about 5 ‐7 minutes basting with the BBQ Sauce & turning frequently.
- Serve with the celery, Blue Cheese dressing and BBQ Sauce on the side.
- 2 cups ketchup
- ½ cup mild‐flavored (light) molasses
- ¾ cup Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Combine all ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally Reduce heat to medium‐low: simmer uncovered until sauce thickens and flavors blend, stirring frequently about 15 minutes.