- 5 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 4 pounds ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup crushed corn chips
- 1 cup corn chips
- 6 large potato hamburger buns
- 12 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced tomatoes
Smoking Chipotle Honey Sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeds removed, diced
- Combine all the ingredients for the Chipotle sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, roast the jalapeno peppers until blackened on all sides. Place in a plastic bag to sweat and loosen the blackened skin. Rub the skin off, then seed if desired, and chop.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the chopped jalapenos, ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, steak sauce, onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and crushed corn chips.
- Divide into 6 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Grill patties for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once for medium burger.
- Top each one with 2 slices of the cheese, cover the grill and cook for 2 minutes
- Place the burgers on the buns. Top each with lettuce, tomatoes, corn chips, and the Chipotle sauce.
Makes 6 Burgers