- 16‐20 Jalapeno peppers (Makes 32‐40 pieces)
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup of shredded Buffalo Wing cheese (or a cup of sharp cheddar mixed with 2 tbls. of hot sauce)
- ¼ cup of chives (finely chopped)
- 1 lb. of thin sliced bacon (cut in half)
- Buffalo Rub
- ½ cup Kosher salt
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- ¼ cup hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder.
Buffalo wing Sauce:
- 1 ¾ cups hot sauce
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub in a mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Wing Sauce in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Clean peppers then cut off stems and cut in half lengthwise. Clean and deseed the peppers.
- Mix cream cheese, shredded Wing Cheese and chives together until well blended.
- Fill the hollowed out area of the pepper halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap a half piece of bacon around the pepper lengthwise, end to end, and secure it with a toothpick.
- Dust the poppers with the Buffalo Rub.
- Smoke the poppers at 225 degrees for 3 hours and baste with the wing sauce during the last 30 minutes.