- 4 small artichokes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 clove large garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Trim the tops of the artichoke by slicing about an inch from the top. Cut the stems from the bottom.
- If your artichokes still have the little thorns on the petals you can trim the tips with scissors.
- In a steamer pot, steam the artichokes stem side down for about 20 minutes or until you can easily stick a knife into where the stem used to be. It should feel soft like a boiled potato.
- Set aside and fire up your grill to high heat.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the cheese, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Half each artichoke lengthwise and drizzle the olive oil over them. Place on the grill with the inside of the artichoke on the grates.
- Grill for about 2-3 minutes or until the inside starts to get charred. Watch them as they burn fast.
- Once the artichokes are ready, place them on your serving dish and spoon the melted butter mixture over each artichoke.
- Serve at once.