- 2 lbs. ground chuck formed into 4 patties
- 4 slices thinly sliced smoked ham
- 8 slices thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 dill pickles, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 cloves roasted garlic, pureed
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 4 soft, classic hamburger buns
- Combine the mayonnaise and roasted garlic in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill the burgers over medium high heat for about 6 to 10 minutes turning once.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading both sides of each bun with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom portion of each bun, place the burger on top of the cheese, then top the burger with a slice of ham and another slice of cheese, and finally, the pickle slices.
- Place the tops of the bun over the pickles, wrap the burgers in aluminum foil, and place them on the grill.
- Using a heavy pan or a brick wrapped in foil, press down on the burgers for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Lower the lid on the grill and continue grilling for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the bun has become pressed and firm.
Make four burgers